Crate Kings » Producer Interviews » Play of Play-N-Skillz Talks Alter Egos, Rapper CEO’s

Play of Play-N-Skillz Talks Alter Egos, Rapper CEO’s

May 7, 2012

Grammy upcoming artists, their production company, and their upcoming album entitled Alter Egos.

“Every rapper thinks they’re a CEO.”

1. Play N Skillz: Technology Made Production “Too Easy”
  2. Skillz Reveals Making of “From Where???”
  3. Sha Money XL Loves Logic: From Rapper To Producer
  4. Sha Money XL Talks Production And Business
  5. DJ Clark Kent On DJ’ing, Rapper, Notorious B.I.G.

{ 9 comments }

Rayn, Female Producer May 17, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Great interview.

jack record May 14, 2013 at 5:52 am

I watched your interview and I found you are completely correct and I appreciate you.

Tyrone Johnson May 22, 2012 at 12:45 pm

A good rapper has a healthy sense of ego, and knows what they are all about. They believe in what they do and know they are the best. That being said, a CEO has management skills and business sense. Sometimes a rapper needs to realize when they need help in those areas. They are still a CEO in the creative areas and need to take control of their work at all times.

Reign July 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Better Drums In 7 Minutes, Guaranteed. http://zfer.us/GwoXc

Holy Smokes October 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I just finished watching your interview, you said God willingly you will. Hold an empire. Get me a plane ticket outta Detroit, a place to sleep for one month, and I will help you with my 16 yrs of underground everything music. I started making beats at age 16. I am 31 yrs old and I will show you the power of The almighty GOD. I have been to the top and all the way back down to starving , soak could understand poverty through my own eyes. In that rough sacrificial time, I created thousands songs. Now we just relay them with good vocalists and you will turn me into God’s undeniable, unbreakable warrior. If you want to see , then have faith and treat me funniestguyalive@yahoo.com you would treat Jesus himself, and then you will see the truth. I chose you because you are humble. What would you do if god called your celly, would you laugh stunned and tell all your friends and coworkers? Or would you believe in him, and never doubt that he is really trying toreach through to you. Holysmokessolomusic at yahoo. Com I do it all in the studio , and I even have a new comedy show half written season 1. Snl style with the ghetto/hillbilly /trailer park/ and high society In a few ways. Most people fear what they don’t understand at the time, I hope you embrace it. Peace be with you, Either way you go. You can also leave me a personal email to send my audio style resume, but until you see me in person and what In can for moral and hit songs, then you will know he is with me.

rudeboybass November 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I’m sure he’s pretty much correct about everything he says. People start putting the cart before the horse, and I expect this especially true among rappers..

Download Beats December 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Ego’s are fine, but a balance of humility and a sense of reality needs to accompany it.

m ilyas February 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Two good news for musicians and Learners.
The Latest version of the World’s No.1 Beat maker has been released and the second that it has been offered on 75% discount (for limited time). This single beat maker is enough for both learners and experts.
100+ new generation of music,
Free access to 247 previous online versions,
Free samples of latest generation of music,
Free full training videos with instant immediate online help,
And even if not satisfied, 60 days no question asked money back guarantee.
Now What else.

The main features are,
1. 16 Tracks Of Stereo Boomin’ Sound To Build Your Hot Beats With.
2. EASILY Draw in or Trigger Sounds w/Keyboard shortcuts.
3. Draw In Bars & Build In 2 Clicks – Change Sounds/Patterns Fast.
4. Drag & Copy Your Bars Around – Then Edit Them, Easy!
5. Jog Through 1000′s Of Sounds & Drums Browse or Pre-Set!
6. Record Live To the Metronome or Draw or Tap In Your Beats.
7. Edit Volumes, Go Solo, Mute, save, edit Tempo + More!
8. Export Your 44.1 Studio Quality .wav Master – Industry Standard
9. 10 Pads per Kit, 40+ kits, PERK = import your own samples!
10. EASY To Record Your Beat With Triggers Or DRAW It In.
11. Change Your Kit Selection On The Fly To Change Up Beats FAST.
12. Edit Volume Of Each Pad + Perfectly Mix The Whole Kit Easily.
13. Move Sounds Around, Erase With Ease – IMPORT YOUR OWN!
14. All Drums Have Been MASTERED! Jaw-Dropping-Quality!
15. Stereo Imaging Everywhere (Your Beat Will Sound ‘Full’).
16. Export Just the Drums or Full tracks! Mute/Solo Export Calls
17. Awesome 4 full octave keyboard, Others Give You 1 or 2…
18. Simply Draw in Melodies Or Play/Record With Keyboard!
19. Change Your Instrument Selection On The Fly – NO load time!
20. Edit Volume Of Each Sample + Overlap Other Sounds FAST!
21. Move Sounds Around or Erase Notes With One Click.
22. 1000′s of Sounds – All MASTERED & Stereo Imaged!!
23. Auto Quantize Your Recording – Notes Snap to The Right Spots!
24. Awesome 8-10 full octave keyboard, packed with samples
25. Now comes in two VSTi’s – a HIPHOP VSTi & a DUBSTEP VSTi
26. Change Your Instrument Selection On The Fly – NO load time!
27. On-board Quick Controls + Reverb, Pan, ADSR, Grouping
28. Low & High Amps – Push Your Sound Right To The Limits
29. 1000′s of Sounds – All MASTERED & Stereo Imaged!!
30. LFO Rate & Depth – Get More WUB Out Of Our Kits!
31. 30 Band EQ, Reverse Samples, Span Samples End To End
32. On-Board ADSR RACK – Chop Blunt Starts & Extend Tails
33. FX RACK ON BOARD – Reverb, Chorus/Flange, & HOT FILTERS!
34. 8 Octave Keyboard holding 128 samples + Loads FAST!
35. WILD PITCH SHIFTER – Goes Up & Down 8 Octaves – Yes 8
36. ADSR RACK, Tweak Your Wubbs…
37. Res, Cutoff, Full Filter Selection + Automation Enabled
38. FX RACK INCLUDED – On The Fly Reverb, Chorus/Flange & Delay
39. Four Oscillators – Change Octave, Shape, Fine Tuning, Vol.
40. Chaos Pad To Mix Oscillators – Solo Or Mix/Automate Sounds
41. SICK BASS AND LOWEND TONES! Clean Rumbling Subs
42. Presets & Custom Sounds – Mimick Almost Any Instrument!
43. 30 Band EQ – Sync Option, Separate Ear Controls, Separate in/out
44. Chaos Pad Moves Across All Effects/Filters Stereo Or Mono
45. Full FX RACK – Reverb, Crazy Reverb, Chorus/Flange, Pitch Shifter
46. Stereo Delays, HOT Popper EQ’s, Parametric EQ – MOAR EQ!
47. HOT Filters And Automation Options – Build up those drops
48. Clean Drive – Get The Nice And Clean Yet Dirty Sound w/Vocals
49. Power and Master Distortion Levels
50. Separate Low, Middle, High Knobs – Get That Purrrrrfect Sound
51. Good for Anything + Dirty Basses, Voxes, Drums.
And Much Much more

Avaiable for 39 dollars at ” bit.ly/VF9MFe “

dMONEY June 2, 2013 at 1:55 am

Pretty much sumed it up these cats been m.i.a for a bit i got some tips on my site that sort of ties in to this in terms of making the best impression its areally good read http://www.beathustlers.com/67-tips-that-can-help-you-get-signed.html

Comments on this entry are closed.