Crate Kings » Producer Interviews » Marco Polo & Torae: One Producer, One Album

Marco Polo & Torae: One Producer, One Album

February 16, 2010

After discussing his training as an audio engineer and decision to relocate to New York, Marco Polo and Torae offer tips for aspiring producers and MC’s along with insight into the recording of their album Double Barrel.

As an MC I think it’s difficult because you kinda want to find you own sound.  And crafting albums, you’re gonna be tempted to work with all the hot producers, but I think it’s almost more productive to find one producer and do a whole album with them. – Marco Polo

Stay tuned for Marco Polo and Ruste Juxx’s album The eXXecution dropping March 23rd.

Related posts:

  1. Marco Polo’s Stupendous Beat Showcase (Toronto)
  2. Crate Digging w/ Marco Polo, Khrysis, Eric G
  3. Marco Polo Makes A Beat w/ Vinyl, MPC, Software Synths
  4. Ayatollah Gave Marco Polo His Production Name
  5. Marco Polo Making Beats + Sample Layering w/ MPC 2000XL

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

tony traxx February 17, 2010 at 9:46 pm

these cats don’t want one producer . they wanna get free beats from sound click. smoke weed and want you to record for free.


ibn yasir February 18, 2010 at 6:09 am

This guy speaks the truth. I miss the old days when people had their OWN sound. Thats how IMO classics are made. Wheres the character if some guy can get any style of beat he wants?


tony traxx February 18, 2010 at 8:45 am

@ yassir exactly . I believe better records could be made today if they would spend 90% of thier recording budget for thier project on 1 producer for the whole album instead of 90% on a single and split the other 10% on the rest of the producers on the album. Its not the internet thats hurting the industry its the industry thats hurting the industry.


isht February 19, 2010 at 5:04 am

Damn, Marco Polo looks unhealthy…


Cai February 22, 2010 at 4:27 pm

nicely done…


chanel handbags August 8, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Champs has an enormous variety of sought-after fan gear in men, women and youngsters. Whether your favorite sport has been major league baseball, hockey, NASCAR, Arena soccer, NFL football, or NCAA basketball, you can view your team’s colors, logos and friends on shirts, jersey’s, running apparel, in addition , more.


Silvia Odete Morani Massad August 30, 2017 at 5:59 pm

This post offers clear idea designed for the new viewers of
blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging.


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: