Crate Kings » Documentary » J. Dilla: Still Shining (Full Documentary)

J. Dilla: Still Shining (Full Documentary)

February 8, 2011

We’ve all been waiting for quite some time, but it’s finally here. Brian Atkins’ film J.Dilla: Still Shining, which was created at the time of J Dilla‘s funeral service and completed in 2006, is now available for public viewing.

Featured Artists: Karriem Riggins, Pete Rock, Common, House Shoes, Dwele, ?uestlove, Moni Love, and more.

He had the joint done before the MP was even turned on. – House Shoes

Chapter listing after the break!

(2:55) – Work Ethic Starts In The Basement
(7:35) – What To Listen For in A Dilla Beat
(9:10) – J.Dilla’s Range As A Producer. The King of Reinvention
(12:16) – Going Beyond His Influences
(14:39) – The Dilla Approach To Production
(20:21) – Jay The Producer vs Jay The MC
(26:08) – The Personal Side of J.Dilla
(29:04) – A Soldier Unstoppable!
(32:05) – Venturing Out. (as explained by Phat Kat)
(33:59) – Heading Home… Job Well Done.
(34:48) – We Salute You.

1. J Dilla: Still Shining Documentary (Trailer)
  2. Stussy J Dilla Documentary Part 3
  3. Black Milk, Elzhi, DJ House Shoes On J Dilla + Detroit Hip-Hop
  4. DJ House Shoes On Non-Vinyl DJ’s & J Dilla
  5. J Dilla Documentary By Stussy

{ 14 comments }

BoChosen February 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Thanks for the blessing. I personally have never met Dilla, but somehow I felt his music always spoke to me like the vibes of my ancestors and loved ones. When I learned of his passing, I balled uncontrollably like I lost someone near and dear. Selfishly, I was consumed with the idea that I’ll never hear his genius again. And as I struggled to cope with my immediate emotions, I then realized that Donuts was his parting blessing to the world he touched. This of course hit me like a ton a bricks. Even now, I still have a tough time listening to Donuts. R.I.P my man Dilla, an absolute GENIUS. You were one of a kind…

L Speaks February 11, 2011 at 1:16 am

Well Said!

Tyrone biggums February 9, 2011 at 1:23 am

Well said man…great watch to I liked it!

Cai February 9, 2011 at 9:41 am

Rest in Power James Yancy!

kcjztmrzuq April 22, 2013 at 11:13 pm

ifAgP8 hbdlzutvkbnn, [url=http://focchbmcdxsm.com/]focchbmcdxsm[/url], [link=http://oecbdrkrouma.com/]oecbdrkrouma[/link], http://suydkuptvjaq.com/

Koomaa February 9, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I like all things dilla … but not this . I understand the praise of everybody in the doc but not like every 3 seconds. We all know he is good and one of the best but i cant watch 40 minutes of dilla praising

Curt McGirt February 12, 2011 at 4:02 am

@ Koomaa
Soooooo what did you really expect? I thought this was done in good taste. Keep in mind this film was released for free. Yeah, I would’ve liked it to be more of a “documentary” in the sense of the film having more detail regarding his upbringing,influences, career paths etc, but I know for sure there will be something in that lane coming soon.
For now; all fans of Dilla‘s work can keep it lit for one of the G.O.A.T’s.

The ESS February 15, 2011 at 9:18 am

Dude what did you expect. But then What Did I expect. I mean, There’s ALWAYS gonna be one negative ass, dumb Mutha-UKNOWWHAT-ka to come to a comments section who doesn’t know what time it is. right? RIIIIIIIGHT.

The ESS February 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

Money Thought he was gonna learn how to make beats. LOL.

TTurbo February 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm

<3 JD forever in my heart <3

CB010 February 9, 2011 at 6:21 pm

truly truly truly inspiring..
i dont care about the praising.. his people knew what they knew..

i feel what i feel when i listen to his music..

forever james yancey!

the best!

Dj-BlackJack March 15, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Men… This isht just made me cry… I miss you Dee!!

Millz March 26, 2011 at 7:18 am

any download links??? please :D dilla 4 ever

Dan 'Dilla' Fryar January 22, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Thank you so much for sharing.
Never have I or will I again be so changed and moved by one man and his music.
Revolutionary, genius, best ever, legend, all over used words, can’t do this man justice.

Rest in Beats Dilla, we know you still wid us all.

Comments on this entry are closed.