Emilio Sparks interviews producer Illmind as he discusses the origin of his name, current projects, working with Sha Money XL & G-Unit, and his music production teaching and academic advising work for Harlem Children’s Zone. Obviously these aren’t the normal activities for producers… then again, Illmind isn’t your ordinary producer.
He also talks about being discovered by Sha Money XL and D Prosper through a beat tape, the influence of J Dilla on his early work, and current production trends.
- 88-Keys: Lost Dilla Beat Tapes & Networking
- Black Milk: Favorite Album, Influence of J Dilla
- One Stop Shop Producer’s Conference (Sha Money XL, G-Unit) March 8 & 9th, 2008
- Illmind Red Bull Beat Battle Philadelphia Segment
- Illmind Talks Interview: Beat Society And Signature Sounds