Crate Kings » Equipment » Dr. Dre Remasters HP Envy Laptop (Commercial)

Dr. Dre Remasters HP Envy Laptop (Commercial)

July 20, 2010

Another promo for the high-end HP Envy Laptop, which according the marketing team over at HP is “the first laptop build for music”.

[Respect to Eskay]

1. Dr. Dre HP Beats Audio Laptop Commercial
  2. HP ENVY Beats Audio In-Studio Commercial
  3. DJ Turntable & Mixer Vinyl Laptop Decals
  4. HP Envy Beats Notebook Additional Details
  5. Laptop Logic w/ DJ Green Lantern

{ 37 comments… read them below or add one }

dm July 20, 2010 at 1:43 am

I don’t know if the Beats edition applies, but the new HP Envy line is bananas. Huge overhaul of the old specs. It’s my next laptop if I can afford it -_-

Dragga Beats July 20, 2010 at 2:12 am

The selling point, according to the commercial, is the sound card. I’m sure this laptop is a beast.

Allied July 20, 2010 at 3:25 am

“The first laptop built for music”…

My MacBook Pro is a beast ever since!

D July 20, 2010 at 4:20 am

cheesy as f. stop promotin bs and make music pls. as if those dumbass headphones werent stupid enuff already. yeah i kno its the dough. but still.

Haroon July 20, 2010 at 7:16 am

Also the first built for retards who think there’s such as a thing as a ‘music laptop.’

Michael July 20, 2010 at 8:45 am

DROP DETOXX FOR FUCKS SAKE STOP BEING A FUKIN PUPPET FOR WICH EVER COMPANY FLASHES ITS WALLET IN FRONT OF UR FACE>>>>

/tonytrackmode

BIG G July 20, 2010 at 9:41 am

I agree with Haroon

D-Marz July 20, 2010 at 1:50 pm

It’ll be a good laptop but you can probably buy an M Box and it will sound exactly the same as the “Beats soundcard”…. I hope these laptops come bundled with Pro Tools or something if they are designed for music…. Unless its just another crappy PC laptop with a good soundcard…

TitanEnt July 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Really and truly the first great music pc platform belongs to Open Labs…and Timbaland was the first to jump on this here! My TSE Neko would kill that pathetic laptop

outland July 20, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Don’t all of us have external sound cards with all the ins/outs on them anyways. What good is it really to have your 1/8inch headphone and mic jacks sponsored by dre? And yeah, where’s detox anyways.

Greg July 20, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Awesome! Now we can make music on laptops!

Phraze July 20, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Props to Dre for being a corporate sellout. Whats next beats by dre microphone stands? headphone adapters?

juiceboxjackson July 21, 2010 at 1:50 am

I’m going with the “Beats” cell phone. HP just bought Palm so I’m secretly hoping that the next version of my Pre is some portable device centered around making beats. Only in this phone, all beats you make are automatically truncated and released in “snippet” form to all major blogs/websites to artificially stimulate hype for the release of the full version of the beat which never actually sees the light of day…oh…wait…

But in all seriousness, just listen to Evidence’s “Don’t Hate” on repeat for a while and I think you won’t be so bothered by Dre’s attempt to get that “great grandchildren’s, great grandchildren are filthy rich” money…

Shan Money July 20, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Fuck the laptop but i rock with the headphones!

woowee July 20, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Does it have midi ports? haha

Dj ILL One July 20, 2010 at 7:30 pm

It comes with Tracktor and Audi2 interface and a night vision camera. It`s going for about $2200. Once again a overpriced piece of equiptment. You could get a normal laptop and put in a great soundcard for way less. Don`t believe the hype.

954DNYCE July 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Real Talk………………

dzoo July 21, 2010 at 3:35 am

This ad is meant to fool maybe a 12 year old white kid in ohio into buying this laptop.

P.B. July 21, 2010 at 7:01 am

Never underestimate the power of a gimmick on gullible people who always have to have the latest thing.

Virtu July 21, 2010 at 4:49 pm

This looks like a load of BS. Ill stick with my beastly 27 inch iMac ;)

X-21 July 21, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Does it come with that cool mask?

954DNYCE July 23, 2010 at 6:19 pm

LMFAO……………..

Matt .E July 21, 2010 at 11:11 pm

never going to buy one……but I’m not going to knock Dre for getting paid for this sort of thing….why not? athletes get paid to advertise products and nobody says anything about that

anyways, CDs only play back at 16 bits and MP3′s are even worse….a good processor is a good processor and 24 bit audio is 24 bit audio

Enter the Wu-Tang was mixed down on a 4 track…. this thing sounds cool but expensive and your equipment is only what you make of it

Superbizzee July 25, 2010 at 12:13 am

Eh…I’m good with my MacBook Pro.

C'mon son July 29, 2010 at 7:16 am

what I’m afraid of, is the amateurs that are going to buy this and have a horrible experience and then say “PC’s suck for music, go mac” And shake my head at Dre, it took a f#ckin HP commercial to drop Detox. I dont even care about that sh1t anymore.

bobby July 30, 2010 at 8:42 pm

whats the name of that beat how do i find it

vnt95 August 3, 2010 at 10:41 am

It’s ‘Under Pressure’ by Dr Dre. You can find it on YouTube

lady August 2, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Just had to say even though I did not read all the cool stuff this laptop can do.I just took a glance at the price…about 1,000 and I would suggest If your going to buy a hp laptop for 1,000 you might as well take that to apple and get a refurbished imac for 1,000. My boyfriend just got one and,Im actually kinda hating..lol the performance for music is far better than any pc Ive ever had. Although it is not portable it is great for home studios.Also does not get as many viruses as Pcs.Ive had pc’s all my life and for the most part Id say they are not built for music.I recently got a Dell laptop for Christmas and put pro tools on there, an let me tell you it sucks. On top of windows 7 not being very compatible with the newest version of m powered pro tools I have.Im sure there are updates and every software has bugs but I wouldnt ever waste my money on a pc again

tommy torez August 3, 2010 at 11:04 pm

am i the only one that peeped the the 6″s on the tray the lady gave him dam dre u gonna burn wit the rest of the elite burn flaming fag

Faheem August 11, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Ah! So we begin the art of making gadgets that reduce the art of making beats.

Alex August 12, 2010 at 4:09 am

Such an awesome commercial!!! goo beat and the Producer, Dr Dre Does a great job with the head thing haha

nonetheless August 22, 2010 at 4:53 am

haha it says 666 when the lady comes in

davidb September 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm

man i’ve read all the hate and dumb shit the most of u’s have been sayin. i want to hear from the real hungry educated Entrepreneurs like myself about how they feel about this laptop. is this a good investment? dose it work well with protool 8? is the mac book a better investment and why? logic9 better than protools8? i like fogic but want to get into protools aswell. somebody tell me the differances. i want to know facts not hate and bullshit. so anyone who has some real knowledge to kick to this laptop and the mac book. get at me. the ignerant niggas readin this somkin uh blunt with uh bunch of uh ignerant niggas at the crib need ta jus shut the fuck up and wait for the hungry niggas like myself ta blow up and sign ur dumb ass. reply to this or hit me up on the email davidb1904@gmail.com

Planet Xtream November 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm

The best thing about this commercial is The chic bringing him the implants… I agree Its a slick way to sell cheap laptop with a sound card for a lot of $$$ Dont get Doopped by The Dre

making1 January 31, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Me and my best friend was just having a conversation on this quite subject and we decided to look it up and found your web site. Rather informative information.

Unknown May 3, 2011 at 11:43 am

Do I Need An Ex Soundcard 4 this laptop if i wanted 2 record with adobe audition….????

creditcardsonlineapproval.net January 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm

What’s up, I read your blogs daily. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!