Producer Boi-1da talks with Hip-Hop Canada about his work with Drake, producer management, current music setup (FL Studio 9 + laptop), and submitting tracks for Dr. Dre’s Detox.
The manager generally gets 15% – they basically handle all the business, I handle all of the creative aspects.
I currently have no manager but I’m in talks with a very serious management company. I have Violator hollering at me, a bunch of people. Everybody wants to manage me; management is a touchy situation.
Visit Hip Hop Canada for complete interview.
- Focus Talks About Detox and Solo Release Dedication
- Fusion Unlimited Talks Vinyl & Publishing
- Audio Two Producer Giz Talks Engineering & Favorite Equipment
- Just Blaze x Ty Fyffe On Studying Music, Proper Business, And Management
- OutKast Producer Mr. DJ Talks Longevity & Technology