Congrats to the winners of the most recent beat battle judged by none other than producer Ski Beatz (Jay Z, Camp Lo, and many others). As usual, it was a tough competition with a ridiculous amount of talent and high quality production. However, in the end, three producers were able to distinguish themselves from the rest of the pack.
When commenting on the quality of the entries, Ski Beatz stated:
"I was looking for tracks that sounding like potential records and tracks that felt fully produced a lot of the beats where great but seem a lil repetitive. Producer Gal beat had a lot of feeling and the chops were in key and flowed smoothly, the drums didn’t feel too choppy. Same with Bonus Beats, they gave the track room to breathe, which is good if say and artist wanted to perform on the track. Dulu joint sounding solid."
Also be sure to visit Ski’s new production community Beat Talk for more production tips & discussion.
**Note: Winners please contact me directly due to the recent server loss.
- Crate Kings January Beat Battle w/ Special Guest Producer Judge Ski Beatz!
- Crate Kings Spring Beat Battle: Guest Judge Riggs Morales (Shady Records/Goliath Artists)
- ATL Beat Battle w/ Judge Maestro
- Summer 2008 Beat Battle: Sponsored by Zoom In Online w/ Judge K-Def
- Riggs Morales Chooses Spring ’08 Beat Battle Winners