Looking for a way to make your home studio the envy of your beat making friends? Today gear manufacturer Allen & Heath announced the launch of their first dedicated recording mixer in over 10 years! In addition to multi-track recording, the ZED-R16 allows mixing down in analogue, then recording back into the computer in digital.
The ZED-R16 can be employed as a standard analogue mixer while recording multi-track via FireWire or ADAT, a traditional inline mixer recording with send and return per channel via FireWire, or as a MIDI controller via switchable channel faders.
- MIDI controls
- 16 mono inputs
- 2 stereo inputs
- High quality dual mic pre-amp
- 4-band fully-parametric EQ
- 4 auxes, a stereo bus
- 2 stereo returns
- 18+18 FireWire I/O
- 8+8 ADAT I/O.
- Control room speaker outputs,
- Two separate artist monitor feeds,
- Two analogue recording outputs in addition to the digital interface, and a
- Dedicated internal condenser talkback mic.
- ZED-R16 is also bundled with Cakewalk’s SONAR LE music production software.