Crate Kings » Producer Interviews » 9th Wonder Says Producers Are Like a Brotherhood

9th Wonder Says Producers Are Like a Brotherhood

May 2, 2012

9th Wonder gives a thoughtful interview while talking about his personal brand, production as a brotherhood, and the importance of maintaining a regional sound and identity.

The ones that really sound like where they’re from or even try to create a sound for where they live, I think those are the ones that last a very long time.

Producer are like a brotherhood.

1. Prince Paul Interview: Paying Dues And Handling Business
  2. Alchemist Radio Interview – LIJN5
  3. Mr. Porter Breaks Down Aftermath Producers
  4. Pete Rock Talks Record Conventions And Favorite Producers
  5. No I.D. Interview – Past, Present, And Future Projects

{ 15 comments }

Ghost 47 May 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm

9TH is a humble dude who’s contributed mass quality music in the Game .

Mark8 May 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

SEEKING More info on MANAGAMENT*,PRODUCTION! 1love

Alkota May 7, 2012 at 2:52 am

I wish more producers and artists were like 9th. Being humble and willing to share knowledge is such an important and overlooked part of any culture. Dope video

Tyrone Johnson May 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Producers are definitely like a brotherhood and 9th Wonder really understands the business well. It is also really important to maintain a regional identity with a sound that reflects where you came from. Listeners relate to it and it also creates a personal brand for the producer and musician to reflect their region.

Mark June 8, 2012 at 5:11 pm

hell no, if you from the south doesn’t mean you have to make Dirty South Trap beats.
I’m from Holland and I make Soulful Beats.
Soul is black afro-american music and i’m a white caucasion from Holland.

Like they say: “It’s not where you from, it’s where you at.”

Abazo July 11, 2012 at 7:50 am

True,
“Do what you feel” – Madlib

PITTMANBOI September 7, 2012 at 8:30 am

WANT TO LEARN MORE I NEED HELP I’M REAL LYRICAL JUST NEED A MANAGER BUT DON’T WANT TO DEAL WITH JUST ANY BODY I WRITE POETRY SO YOU KNOW I’M A STREET POET!

Mslovher October 21, 2012 at 8:48 am

Hmmm interesting…so is it still a brotherhood when you have dope female producers. Women are still being left out. #fail

rudeboybass December 4, 2012 at 5:00 am

While I agree that you can definitely make beats and tunes in any style no matter where you’re from and achieve just as much success, he’s probably right about people having a bit of an edge if they’re making music which is associated with their location.

Sammus December 27, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Have to be PC to include all the sisters who produce (myself included) — producers are a family :-)

Adam January 3, 2013 at 8:17 pm

This forum for music producers is a nice place to hang out fam!

KING AURTORIUS II January 29, 2013 at 4:35 am

KING AURTORIUS II SaYz “THE LOST SHALL HONOR GOD.”

Google: JIGGYCERTIFIED
YOUtUBE: JCTHDTV
Search JIGGYCERTIFIED ON Google Play MuSic
KIK JCTBOOKING
Email: JCTBOOKING@GMAIL.COM

THA JCT TAKEOVA™
G.O.E. GOD OVA EVERTHANG

DJ crusher February 2, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Music is music, it’s a feeling. Eminem is an american caucasian who grew up listening to afro american rapmusic and his own music is just like it, why? Cause that’s what he loves and probably listened to day in and day out !!
Music is in the heart not in a location. kinda like tarzan growin up with the lions, human beings adapt to their suroundings and mimic that 100%. So whether i’m sitting in Holland listing to my favorite music and adapting to it or sitting in America ‘going through that same process , i will likely turn out to be the same in terms of musical development…

DJMN1 from hip hop beats March 10, 2013 at 1:49 am

ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCER OF ALL TIME WHO NEVER GET HIS PROPS.

TCustomz (Producer) April 10, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Soul Council/Jamla/IWWMG all day!

Comments on this entry are closed.